Roles of the Physical Planning Unit
• The Unit is responsible for planning, designing and managing municipality physical infrastructure including the zoning, land sub division and demarcating areas for development
• Providing guidance on the design, infrastructural improvement and land development in the municipality.
• To come up with a system for guiding, monitoring, and enforcing developments in the city in line with the applicable laws.
• Plan, conduct surveying and mapping, delineate the areas for social infrastructure, establishment of geodetic control, quality, and survey of municipality land boundaries, production and printing of topographical maps
• Plan and monitor the surveying, valuation, registration and administration of Land in the municipality and manage resolution of land disputes. Oversees development across the Municipality’s divisions